Sunday, July 19, 2009

Smitten -by Mahua

They say that chocolates symbolize romance
And red roses show love so pure;
Why would I need these or any other gifts..
When you’re everything I ever asked for

My cheeks go pink without any rouge
Your presence makes my heart pound;
Why would a doctor need a stethoscope..
To hear my heartbeat when you’re around?

Deafening sounds, busy crossroads;
Scared to cross the busy streetline;
Why do I need to look left and right..
When your hand is entwined in mine.

Eyes and smiles do all the talking
Words actually spoken are very few;
Why do I need to look at my watch..
When time stops when I’m with you

Head starts spinning, the world goes round,
I smile without any reason why;
Why do I need to do bottom's up on alcohol..
When your kiss gets me this high

Completing your sentences, reading your mind
Holding you tight in times bad and good;
Why do we need to say an ‘I love you’
It’s something.. To Be Understood


-Miss Roy
July 19, 2009 :)
********Smitten is written by my friend Mahua...
More of her poems are available in: mahuaroy.blogspot.com*****

2 comments:

Suren said...

Good one....

Anonymous said...

this is a really sweet poem.